Did you know that 2,150,000 cases of elder abuse and nursing home negligence are reported each year in the United States?
Nursing home negligence and elder abuse are very real worries when your loved one is in a nursing home or assisted living facility. Did you know 90% of institutionalized settings are understaffed and the employees are overworked? 1 in 3 institutions fail to maintain standard of care and appropriate patient to staff ratio. Many times, family members ignore reports from their loved ones or hesitate to communicate/investigate in fear that their loved ones will experience a backlash in treatment because of ‘hard feelings’. Furthermore, how can you truly know what happens when you are not there if staff is on their best behavior while you are present?
How can you know?
Aging with Purpose is very passionate about helping families’ stay in control of their loved one’s care, even from a distance. We are aware of the present shortcomings of today’s institutions, and we want you to feel like you are in the loop and that your loved one is safe and happy. The silentVOICE Program is very simple:
- An agent is assigned to the care of your loved one
- At least 2x a month we visit your loved one for at least 2 hours
- Each agent is equipped with a check list to complete highlighting various aspects of a Resident’s Rights as well as (cleanliness of living area, personal hygiene, responsiveness of staff, and overall perceived wellness).
- A personal relationship is important to Aging with Purpose so we will also spend time visiting with each Resident.
- Lastly, the Silent Voice agent will e-mail you a copy of our findings and checklist after each visit.